Secretary General of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, Dr. Shafiqur Rahman has issued the following statement on August 1, 2019 declaring weeklong program from tomorrow 2nd August to 8 August to resist dengue outbreaks and simultaneously urging countrymen to offer prayer, seeking blessings and protection from Almighty Allah.
Dengue fever, caused by Aedes mosquitoes has turned into epidemic in the capital and other places across the country. We should be aware and concerned from our own position for being protected from these outbreaks. We also should create mass awareness to halt the breeding of Aedes mosquitoes and also for resisting this dengue disease.
So far, more than 50 people have been died in Dhaka and elsewhere in the country. Besides, over 15 thousand people admitted in different hospitals nationwide as they had been affected and infected by dengue fever. On an average, one person is being attacked by dengue fever in every single minute. Panic and anxiety is prevailing everywhere.
To get rid of his situation, on behalf of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, I am declaring the following programs, which will be observed from 2nd August (tomorrow) to August 8.
• The abode and sanctuary of Aedes mosquitoes to be destroyed.
• Canals, ponds and other water bodies adjacent to our houses should be kept neat and clean. The nearest bushes are also to be cleaned
• Resin should be used inside the houses twice in a day
• Houses, gardens, yards and the surrounding areas should be kept clean
• Flower pots, plastic pots, deserted tyres, tin pot, containers should be cleaned. Water should not be stored or preserved inside the pots
• AC and Freeze’s water to be removed
• Mosquito net must be used during sleep both in daytime and night
• We should stand by the side of the dengue patients from social responsibility. Advices and suggestions must be taken from the expert doctors
• Jamaat leaders and activists must come forward to help the dengue patients
• Jamaat men should meet the patients and their families regularly and give them suggestions not to get panic.
I am calling upon all the front and wing organizations of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami and seeking the kind assistances of the countrymen to make the aforesaid declared weeklong programs successful. Besides, I am requesting the fellow countrymen to offer prayer wholeheartedly and sincerely seeking blessings and protection from Almighty Allah.